Sunday, August 26, 2007

Happy Birthday Diane!

This post is a little late, her birthday was August 20th. I've been a bit busy being busy, but wanted to wish Brad's Mom a Happy Birthday for all to see.

She was gun-shy about having her picture made, so this is all I could come up with on her birthday. Further down is a better picture.



I wanted to say what a wonderful mother-in-law she is. I hit the In-law Powerball with her and Wayne. Diane is such a loving force in our lives, and for that I am truly grateful. She has really come through for us on so many occasions I cannot count. She and Wayne have come over at the wee hours of the morning when I was ill and hospitalized and when I went into labor with Maggie. There are no words to describe what it means to have people you can truly depend on, especially when your own children are involved. I have no worries (even though I may call like a maniac) when my girls are in her care. I grew up 2 doors down from my grandparents and wanted so badly for my girls to have the same kind of relationship with their grandparents as I did with mine. It warms my heart to see it become a reality. Every night Georgia and Maggie say their prayers and thank God for Granny Di and Poppy, and so do I.

When I think of Diane, so many wonderful things come to mind, but one particular memory pops in my head first. Shortly after Brad and I were married and living in Atlanta, we came to Nashville for Christmas. Diane had made my favorite cake, red velvet, and it said 'Happy Birthday Elisabeth'. My birthday is Christmas Day and so is my brother's. My entire life I have always shared a cake with my brother, and it always said 'Happy Birthday Andrew and Elisabeth'. I was touched to tears by this red velvet cake. That Diane had done this for me on such a busy and very important religious holiday meant so much, and I don't know if I've ever told her that. It sounds sorta silly, but really it's not. It's the kindness and thoughtfulness behind the act that meant so much. Thank you, Diane.

Okay, enough with the ushy-gushy stuff.

I also love that I can call her up about anything. She has a fantastic sense of humor and can take a joke. If you can't laugh about stuff, then life's no fun!



So Happy Birthday Diane! Know that you are loved and appreciated every day.

No comments: