Sunday, November 18, 2007

I Went For a Walk on An Autumn Day

Ahhh... The scent of Autumn is in the air. There's a crispness to the wind, colors against the sky, and of course, football.
Maggie and I enjoyed the wonder of it all in the backyard, where she found the biggest leaf I've ever seen, while Brad enjoyed the wonder of consecutive first downs.


What a beautiful day for a little walk. Kiki joined us, sniffing the new smells of the Season. Maggie likes to play follow the leader with her, but she can't quite get to the places the cat can-though she tries.


Oh Look - my favorite pink Vans are having a good time too!

I love this tree in our front yard. Red is my favorite leaf color, and we have a beautiful Gazing Light tree in front. I made that tree name up; I have no idea what kind of tree it is. But lovely just the same. Sidebar- my brother and I share many things - a birthdate, love of sweet tea and chapstick, and overuse of the word 'lovely'.



With Autumn comes Thanksgiving. Maggie's class had their Thanksgiving feast the other day at school. Her teacher painted her face Indian style. Or is it Native American style? Either way, she dug it.


People are always saying she looks like me and Georgia looks like Brad. This is true. But, at the store the other day, a woman in line behind me and Maggie says to me: "You two have the same wave pattern. There's no denying her." Wave pattern??? Is this code for something?? I realize she means the wave in the back of our hair. Odd - I know. Do you comment on people's 'wave patterns'? A first indeed. Lovely.

1 comment:

Stacia said...

Great Pics. Have a great Thanksgiving.