Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Finally!

The weather is finally cooling off. We can look forward to crisp days and cool nights. Football weather! It's also the time of year that holidays start bunching up with birthdays. It seems like we quickly go from one to the other. We start planning for Halloween and Thanksgiving in September and Christmas in October with birthdays sprinkled everywhere in between. We have 8 family birthdays between now and Christmas, assuming I haven't forgotten someone. Just in our house alone it's Georgia's in November and Brad and I in December. Also in December my Dad and brother. We'll be celebrating left and right! Cakes, cakes, cakes.


The girls have their Halloween costumes picked out. As you know, this is serious business. Georgia picked the 'perfect' witch and Maggie is going as the latest Barbie princess, The Island Princess Rosella. I think they time children's movie releases in time for Halloween and Christmas to maximize merchandising opportunities. And of course, we oblige with open wallets.

2 comments:

Stacia said...

My boys are not so lucky this year. Nicholas gets Jonathan's superman costume and Jonthan gets to be a Ninja or the Flash again. After paying way too much for Jonathan's costume last year and then having to force him to wear it, he was the one who picked it out. I said this Halloween you will wear what is in your closet. They seem happy. And if they aren't at least Mommies wallet is.

Stacia said...

I think I spelled mommy's wrong. Oh well maybe it won't bug you too bad. HA!Ha!