Monday, July 2, 2007

Stone Mountain, GA

We headed back to the state of Georgia this weekend for Brad's company picnic. You all know we lived outside of Atlanta for 4 years, and this was just my 2nd trip back. It was hard to remember just where all the backroads (or surface streets in engineering speak) go. Georgia was very excited to see her first home and to spend time with just me and Brad - we left Maggie in Nashville with Brad's parents.



It was a quick trip - sorry all my ATL friends for not stopping in. We got in Friday night and spent most of Saturday at Stone Mountain Park for the picnic. Can I please tell you how very hot it was!!! It was fun, but hot. We hit all the major stuff and then headed to a pavilion for the picnic. Brad won the grand prize raffle item there - a wii!! I think we're out of the marketing demographic for it, but we were happy just the same. Now all our disposable income will go towards games.



We did squeeze in a trip out to the Mall of Georgia to my all time favorite store - Nordstrom Rack. I love this store because they carry my shoe size, which is difficult to find elsewhere, not to mention pricey.

We of course had to hit the Malibu Grand Prix too. We love bumper boats, putt-putt and go-karts!!! Cheap family fun. Georgia rode the go-kart with me this time, and she was not happy towards the end. I got a little competitive out there, determined NOT to let people pass us. It got a bit dicey at times, but I felt good about our performance! Georgia did not. She refused to ride with me again.

Then to the bumper boats. It was 7 kids and 2 adults, and the kids unloaded on the adults! I was soaked. This one little boy was relentless in his pursuit to get me wet, and his mother apologized to me afterword - which was completely not necessary, but really funny. Georgia was sopping wet and loving every minute of it.



Now back to Nashville, and to my brand new broken down washing machine - more on that later.

No comments: