Monday, June 4, 2007

Confessions

I'll admit it - my yard is a mess. It needs weeding on a very regular basis. In an attempt to not completely decrease the home values in the neighborhood, I decided to weed. I worked on the front yard, pulling whatever looked odd and tossing it over my shoulder. What a mess! Two people walking their dogs even stopped to comment on the amount of weeding going on. The worst part is stirring up all the bugs in the ground. They were crawling all over my shoes and up my legs. A couple were in my hair!
It started at breakfast when I noticed a few ants near the cat food. I realized they were coming in from the area below the kitchen windows. The previous owners planted all kinds of wonderful things everywhere. Problem is, I have no idea what the stuff is. We have herbs upon herbs, lavender, citronella, flowers out the wazoo and other stuff that I just don't know.
All hope is not lost though. Some areas are presentable - for now.

No comments: